Friday, December 1, 2017

Analytical Reflection (Draft 2 - Final Draft)

The feedback I received after my oral presentation were constructive in helping me identify areas where I can work on, which are; my facial expression and body language. The comments I received were that I only maintained a single expression throughout the whole presentation and my message sounds scripted. I also kept looking at the screen, displaying a lack of confidence to my audience. Personally, I am not an expressive person and I guess that was why there was a lack of facial expression when I present. However, that should not be an excuse for me when it comes to presentation. 

Therefore, to work on these weaknesses, I plan to change the way I prepare for presentation. Instead of coming up with a script when I rehearse, I will just write down key words and then try to form my own sentences in my mind when I rehearse and present. In this way, my presentation will sound more natural. For my body language and facial expression, I will correct it by rehearsing in front of a mirror and being more conscious of that in my next presentation. 


Overall, I felt that my team had exerted our utmost effort in this presentation and there was genuine teamwork among us when we prepare and helped each other correct our mistakes when we did our rehearsals. I also find that we have displayed a cooperative teamwork as there was a connection between all the presenters. All in all, I am glad that I had identified my weaknesses in presentation so that I know which are the specific areas to put in more effort on. I believe with determination to work on my weaknesses and by also honing my strengths, I will soar greater heights in my next presentation.


(295 words)

2 comments:

  1. I appreciate the open self honesty in this reflection and the detailed discussion of what you need to do in future presentations. Thanks, Claudia!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank You Brad for your teaching & guidance! Appreciate them! (:

    ReplyDelete