Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Analytical Reflection (Draft 1)

The feedbacks I received from my peers after my oral presentation were constructive in helping me spot mistakes that I had made and also identify areas where I can work on. Two main areas where I need to work on are my facial expression and body language where I agree are my weakest areas during presentation. My comments were that I only maintain a single expression throughout my presentation and my presentation sounds scripted. I also kept looking at the screen. Personally, I am not a very expressive person and I guess that was why there was a lack of facial expression when I present. However, that should not be an excuse for me when it comes to presentation.

Therefore, to work on these weaknesses, I plan to change the way I prepare for presentation. Instead of coming up with a script when I rehearse, I will just write down key words and then try to form my own sentences when I rehearse and present. I think this will make my presentation sounds more natural. For my body language and facial expression, I will correct it by rehearsing in front of a mirror and being more conscious of that in my next presentation.

Overall, I felt that my team and I had gave our best for our presentation and there was genuine teamwork among us when we prepare together and helped each other correct our mistakes when we did our rehearsals. I also find that the presentation flow was good as the other presenters relate back to the previous presenters which displayed a cooperative teamwork. All in all, I am glad that I had identified my weaknesses in presentation so that I know where to improvise and work on. I am determined to work on these two particular areas and see improvements in my next presentation.

No comments:

Post a Comment