Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Critical Reflection (Draft 1)

At the start of this module, I mentioned that I am weak in my speech and would often had to depend on visual aids to express myself and so, the two goals I set for myself were driven towards honing my presentation skills, namely; to express myself clearly without any visual aids and to be a more confident presenter in front of a group of audience. 

Looking back on this 12-week journey of the effective communication modulewould say that I am closer to my said objectives as I could see improvements on my oral presentation as compared to the past. Old habits die hard and I did not manage to overcome my weaknesses entirely as during my oral presentation, I still relied on the slides to help me deliver my messagesThus, upon reflecting, I realized in order to improve on my oral presentation skills, I would have to start by working on the day to day oral communication I have with others. The shift would be, instead of just speaking whatever that crosses my mind, I would visualize and form my sentences first before speaking.  

Other than oral skills, I have learnt a lot during the project work as I learnt a lot of new things such as writing a problem statement and even meeting minutes which are totally new to me. Nonetheless, the most valuable takeaway from the module is that I have learnt and experience the fruits of a cooperative teamwork. Through the process of working on the group project, I learnt to embrace different ideas and opinions from my team members and our discussions often lead us to stretch our thinking. Overall, I genuinely feel that this module served as a great learning platform for me to become a more effective speaker and writer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment